For Sale: 1955 Nash Ambassador V8 4dr Sedan, Coral Pink - $17,500 - Kansas City. MO - Not Mine - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $15,000: 5-4-2024.

For Sale: 1955 Nash Ambassador V8 4dr Sedan, Coral Pink - $17,500 - Kansas City. MO - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $15,000: 5-4-2024.
55 Nash Ambassador - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Very rare1955 Nash Ambassador Custom with Farina body. This car was a equipped with a Packard V-8 (5.2L) from the factory. The car is Coral pink, which was the original color, with an older restoration. There is little surface rust, and all the chrome is in good shape. I purchased the car 5 years ago. In that time, I have replaced or rebuilt the fuel, starter, ignition and brake system. I have also replaced the headliner, carpet with soundproofing, and slipcovered the interior.  Many extra parts. Must sell, best offer.
Copy and paste in your email: ac39dd97a75536cd8b0147a0a219bdac@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1955 Nash Ambassador V8 4dr Sedan.

'55 Nash Amb KCMO a.jpg

'55 Nash Amb KCMO b.jpg

'55 Nash Amb KCMO c.jpg

'55 Nash Amb KCMO d.jpg

'55 Nash Amb KCMO e.jpg

'55 Nash Amb KCMO f.jpg

'55 Nash Amb KCMO g.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $15,000: 5-4-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DrumBob said:

Hmmm...is this a $17,500 car? I dunno. Seems pretty ambitious to me. He's open to offers. 

I'm thinking he's not going to like the offers he's going to get. 

• Like 2

Looks a little rough. Poor pictures. In the era of two and three tones, very unusual to be single color. Why is there no coral paint in the trunk?
Not a Country Club hardtop, but a 4 door sedan... at least it's not a 6 cyl. Statesman. Nash Club plate frames. Forgot if they put the Ultramatic behind the 352 Packard; earlier they used Hydramatics.

I dare say you could lop ten grand off and it's then not even close to a $7,500 car.

I'd say it's a tough sell; they were a tough sell when new.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sal Hepatica said:

Looks a little rough. Poor pictures. In the era of two and three tones, very unusual to be single color. Why is there no coral paint in the trunk?
Not a Country Club hardtop, but a 4 door sedan... at least it's not a 6 cyl. Statesman. Nash Club plate frames. Forgot if they put the Ultramatic behind the 352 Packard; earlier they used Hydramatics.

I dare say you could lop ten grand off and it's then not even close to a $7,500 car.

I'd say it's a tough sell; they were a tough sell when new.

No coral paint in the trunk probably from the factory.  Studebaker was the same at that time.  Regardless of the body colour, the trunk was mouse grey.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Nash Ambassador V8 4dr Sedan, Coral Pink - $17,500 - Kansas City. MO - Not Mine - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $15,000: 5-4-2024.
2 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Instead of making thousands, imagine this was a 1 off Italian built body.  Car would be worth a fortune.  

Such as this one:

'55 Nash Pinin Farina Speciale prototype front.jpg

'55 Nash Pinin Farina Speciale prototype rear.jpg

• Like 3

Btw,  I really like the Nash Healey and wouldn't throw one out of my garage.  The interiors are superior to all other sports cars in that class for that era.   Doubt it is going to win any races against a XK140 but an all around attractive package.

image.jpeg.9b66a3f1545b8f094e64c075d9459fb9.jpeg

• Like 2